Thursday, September 15, 2005

poetry

Because I’ve been thinking about the poetry I was obsessed with as a teen and young adult, I googled Richard Braughtigan. I found the following poem

Flowers for Those You Love by Richard Brautigan
Butcher, baker, candlestick maker,anyone can get VD,including those you love.
Please see a doctorif you think you've got it.
You'll feel better afterwardsand so will those you love.

As an RN who works in a call center doing triage and giving advice, I often talk to young people about std’s (it isn’t VD anymore) and safe sex. Perhaps I should tape this poem to my workstation. As a Christian who’s daughter took the true love waits program I certainly hope she does, but realistically….I saw a web page with a box of condoms the caption was “in case it’s not true love” perhaps I should tape it on her mirror, along with the poem.
Is it just me or does anyone else like this stuff
Haiku Ambulance Richard Brautigan
A piece of green pepper fell
Off
A wooden salad bowl
So What?


























Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]