Thursday, August 18, 2005

dragons prophecy rambling

When I was ordained in May of 2000, it was prophesied over me that I was "Dragonslayer". It was sort of like being "knighted" with the bible being used as a sword. I wondered what that meant. In the theology of the church I was in the dragon was satan. I later came across a prophetic word written by Chad Taylor, in it he wrote that the dragon was religion tradition and fear of man. Much of what Chad wrote is in "war" language with lots of charismatic buzz words, however there is some truth to what he said.

I see religion as a system a bunch of rules that lead people into bondage rather than freedom. The Pharisees were religious yet clueless missed God in Jesus.

Tradition here, doesn't mean the tradition of the early church, because I believe that the early church tradition is important, in my mind tradition is doing things a certain way because that is how we always do it. I watched the movie Babbette's Feast this week, it is the story of two sisters who continue the ministry of their father in a small town in Denmark. The do every thing the same day after day. There is no color in their lives people are bickering. One day Babette a refuge from the French revolution shows up at their door. Babbette helped them to change the way they did things. So without doing away with the rich Traditions of the church we have to be willing to move when the cloud or the pillar of fire moves.

Fear of man, I think that is something most of us struggle with. We don't want to make waves or allow ourselves to be vulnerable enough to get hurt. How many times in scripture to we read "do not be afraid" one of my favorites is in the first chapter of Joshua where God tells him to have courage to be bold and strong! Why because God is with them every step of the way. The other is when the angel appears to Mary.

I had my mission I was out to help everyone else overcome this dragon. Unfortunately I forgot that I had to first deal with it in my own life. There have been many lessons for me to learn. Today, I am at a place where it is necessary for me to report a church leader for inappropriate behavior, and I am terrified. Yet I hear "fear not go and do"

I was ordained a second time in a different tradition on April 23, 2005 the feast day of Saint George the Dragonslayer" I wasn't aware of the day until the bishop pointed it out to me. I have to believe that God is in this.





Comments:
My thoughts are with you.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]