Wednesday, June 29, 2005

loving the enemy

I’m not sure what I think of blogging, it takes time perhaps more than I have.

Last night I attempted to watch bush’s speech, I only lasted a minute though because I found it so disturbing. I know that I must speak out against this regime and work for change, yet I wonder how to do that without becoming corrupt myself. Jesus told us to love everyone; I find that very hard with bush. I look at the sermon on the mount and wonder how and where Christianity lost it, but when I call bush names and malign him am I living it?????NO I like what Anne Lamott said, about bush, in Her book Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith;

“Maybe I can’t exactly forgive him right now, in the sense of canceling my resentment and judgment. But maybe I can acknowledge what is true spiritually; that he gets to come to the table and eat too; that I would not let him starve.”

By the way it is a wonderful book.

Jesus didn't exactly say nice things about or to the religious right of his day...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]