Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Journey Thus Far part 1

I grew up angry, my mother was screwed up, my father absent. I was alone, alone and really pissed off. When I was seven someone took me to a kids club to get me "saved" I asked the teacher if kids whose parents didn't let them hear about Jesus would go to hell. Her reply; "Well of course you can't get to heaven with out Jesus." That was the end of Christianity for me. My screwed up family was Catholic so we were going to hell in a handbasket anyway, I decided that I didn't want anything to do with God, and avoided christians like the plague. Many years and spiritual practices later I "got saved". I spent a number of years trying to convice myself that I was wrong about everything that I thought was right.

Over the years, I went to Church, Bible Study, then to Bible College where I learned a different interpretation of the bible. It was in bible college thatI began to question inerrancy. Who's interpretation is without error? My favorite teacher although quite a fundie had the heart of Jesus, and even though I now disagree with much, if not all of her theology, I see Jesus in her life and actions. As I have walked away from fundamentalism, I am learning to love the ones who call me a heretic. I can tell you I am not there, but I am learning on the journey.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]